2020欧洲杯积分榜 We understand that a college education is a significant financial investment for students and their families, but it’s also an investment for their future. A college degree opens the door to a lifetime of earnings and opportunities. And we’re here to help students will all of it — even the money part. Especially the money part. More than 90% of our students receive financial aid, making the cost to attend Carthage affordable.
Consider these facts:
• The average aid package at Carthage covers nearly two-thirds of total costs.
• Carthage awards more than $25 million in assistance to incoming students each year, with $2 million in competitive scholarships — the kind of assistance that you don’t need to pay back.
• All academic majors can be completed in four years.2020欧洲杯积分榜 Schools with lower fees cannot always assure a four-year track, in effect raising overall cost in terms of tuition and lost wages.
Carthage is a private institution, so tuition is the same for in-state and out-of-state students.
2020-2021 Annual Tuition and Fees
Full-time tuition (including J-Term): $31,500
Mandatory fees: $0
Residence fee: $12,400
Total fees: $43,900
Additional Costs (estimated)
Residential/overnight parking permit: $150-$1,735 (depends on location)
Commuter parking permit: $130-$210
Full-time undergraduate application fee: $35
* This residence fee is for a double room and the basic meal plan for freshmen (3,210 points); meal plan options vary beyond freshmen year. Other room styles, including single rooms, may carry additional fees. The meal plan of 3,210 points provides an average of 17 meals per week.
2020欧洲杯积分榜 Our Net Price Calculator provides an early approximation of what a new first-year, undergraduate student can expect to pay to attend Carthage. It takes just 8 minutes to complete.
It can be helpful to have the following information ready:
• Student GPA
• ACT/SAT scores (if known)
• Expected Family Contribution (if known)
• Recent tax year information/estimate of student/parent earnings
•2020欧洲杯积分榜 Total value of student/parent assets
Carthage awards more than $20 million in grant and scholarship assistance — the type that does not require repayment. Carthage awards up to $11,000 per year in automatic merit scholarships (non-need-based grants) to students based on grades and standardized test scores. Carthage awards more than $2 million in competitive scholarships each year to incoming students who demonstrate leadership skills and academic strength. Competitive scholarships include:
•2020欧洲杯积分榜 35 Presidential Scholarships ranging from $20,000 to full tuition.
• Scholarships in business, mathematics, science, modern languages, fine arts, classics, and more.
•2020欧洲杯积分榜 Fellowships in diversity, equity, inclusion, and leadership.
•2020欧洲杯积分榜 Transfer Scholarships to both fall and spring transfer students, ranging from $20,000 per year to full tuition.
Remember: Applying early for both admission and financial aid maximizes your ability to receive financial aid.
SEE ALL SCHOLARSHIPS 2020欧洲杯积分榜
Many Carthage students receive assistance based on demonstrated financial need. Every applicant qualifies for some assistance. The first step is to file the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). We recommend that you file the FAFSA after Oct. 1 of your senior year of high school for maximum Carthage financial aid consideration. Carthage’s code is 003839. A copy of your FAFSA will be sent to Carthage after you file online so we can put together your financial aid award.
Types of Need-Based Awards:
Grants and scholarships. These come from many sources, but Carthage provides the bulk of grant funds. The federal government and some state governments also provide substantial grant assistance.
Loans.2020欧洲杯积分榜 Federal loans include the Direct (Stafford) and Perkins loans for students and the PLUS loan for parents.
Federal Work-Study.2020欧洲杯积分榜 This is the primary source of student employment at Carthage. Students may earn approximately $2,000 by working an average of 10 hours weekly.
LEARN MORE ABOUT FINANCIAL AID 2020欧洲杯积分榜
Student Employment Possibilities:
• On-campus employment: Students without work-study in their financial aid package may have opportunities to work on campus after the fourth week of the fall semester. The Office of Student Financial Planning2020欧洲杯积分榜 may help identify these possibilities.
• Off-campus employment: Students working off campus find that Carthage Career Services provides excellent resources for locating part-time positions available in the local community.
• Summer employment:2020欧洲杯积分榜 Summer employment is another key option for most students. Carthage students typically save between $1,600 to $3,000 from summer earnings. These earnings promote student involvement with the familiy financial plan and substantially reduce the need to borrow or make monthly payments.
Student Financing Possibilities: Students who do not qualify for need-based aid are eligible to borrow through the Federal Unsubsidized Stafford Loan. This program allows every family to maximize student access to financial assistance.
Parent Financial Possibilities:2020欧洲杯积分榜 Long-term loans may help families effectively manage some, or even all, of the costs not covered by non-need awards and student need-based financial aid. One example of this is the Federal Parent Loan to Undergraduate Students (PLUS) program.
2020欧洲杯积分榜 Families are not alone in paying for a e-at-usa.comcation. Carthage views financing as a partnership involving parents, students, and assistance from a variety of supporting resources, including Carthage, the federal government, and some state governments. Carthage works with families on an individual basis to identify the proper mix of available resources. Examining these options is the first step toward developing a financing plan to make Carthage affordable.
Please call the Carthage Office of Admissions at 800-351-4058, or send an email to your Admissions Representative2020欧洲杯积分榜 at any time with questions you may have.
2020欧洲杯积分榜 All academic majors at Carthage can be completed in four years. Schools with lower fees cannot always assure a four-year track, in effect raising overall cost in terms of tuition and lost wages.
2020欧洲杯积分榜 Choosing a college that’s right for you means asking yourself big questions. Whether you can graduate in four years shouldn’t be one of them.
More than 90% of Carthage graduates finish in four years, compared to 59% at small private colleges in general, and 38% at regional public universities.
“You’re off and earning long before other college graduates reach the starting line,” says Nick Mulvey ’02, vice president for enrollment at Carthage.